If you reside in India and you are not aware of the sensation, Sonam Kapoor, then you might be living under a rock and you need to rise above. Sonam Kapoor is one of the most popular actors of India and Bollywood but her fame is more widespread
In addition to her acting career, she is an influencer given her 30.7 million followers on Instagram whom she never fails to prove wrong with her delivery of style. She is well-known in her field not only for her acting but also for her philanthropy and for the characters that she played with other iconic actors telling new stories every time.
About Sonam Kapoor
Sonam Kapoor now who goes by the name Sonam Kapoor Ahuja is one of the prominent faces in Indian cinema. She is the daughter of Anil Kapoor and has always been surrounded by media and paparazzi since her birth. She is also one among those actors who get paid quite a lot for her movies, let it be her productions or directions or movies she starred in.
She is acclaimed to be one of the Indian cinema stars with a high fashion sense and evokes new inspirations in the fashion industry. She recently married someone as successful as her, a well-reputed entrepreneur, Anand Ahuja.
Early Life and Family
Sonam Kapoor came into existence in the famous Kapoor family to Anil Kapoor and Sunita Kapoor on the 9th of June, 1985 in Bombay, Maharashtra. Her grandfather, Surinder Kapoor was also quite reputed in Indian cinema and also founded the Anil Kapoor Films Company.
Her mother used to be a fashion icon, a model, and also a designer. It was from her mother that she developed all of her fashion sense and reciprocated it in her style and modernity. Her family has five members. Her family is connected to Boney Kapoor, the husband of late Ms. Sridevi who is also a prominent name in cinema.
Her highest level of education is a degree in the subjects of economics and political science from a well-known Singaporean University.
Her Career and Major Milestones
Her career began as a co-director for the film, Black under the guidance of the prominent director Sanjay. This movie turned out to be a flop. Despite the movie not doing well in the film market, it still managed to spark interest in her to become a heroine and she made her first screen character with the role of Salina in the movie Saawariya which turned out to be unsuccessful too.
Apart from the setbacks, she went through, here are a few of her milestones and achievements.
- Bagged a National Award for her impressive acting in the film, Neerja.
- The first-ever Indian actor to be on “Next Generation: Asia Class”
- One of the 100 most dominant women on Twitter and other social media sites.
- Title of Bollywood’s Actress with the best Fashion closet.
- Title as a revolutionary Style icon by Vogue India.
- Tagged as the seventh Most Attractive Woman in India prior to her wedding.
- The Woman of the Year.
Few things you didn’t know about Sonam Kapoor
- She has suffered from PCOS during her teenage years and she has been using her image in public for advocating for women’s health and pleads with them to get themselves diagnosed and not miss out on symptoms.
- She mentioned in an interview that her best friend is her partner.
- Her first-ever occupation was a waitress.
- Sonam is picky when it comes to perfumes and purchases them from Chanel mostly.
Sonam Kapoor is known to possess a net worth of 15 million USD as of 2021. She earns an annual income of 20 crore rupees. The majority of this net worth she holds today is from the movies that she plays roles in or the movies she produces.