Entrepreneurs are a significant boost to a country’s economy and development. They are even considered celebs and icons. OYO- for sure, everyone must have listened to its name or stayed at this famous hotel. But do you know who the famous personality is behind the foundation of this venture?
Well, let me tell you here. It’s Ritesh Agarwal, one of the inspirational entrepreneurs and the second-youngest billionaire. Wanna know more about this youth icon? If yes, then without any further ado, let’s read on.
Table of Contents
About Ritesh Agarwal
Ritesh Agarwal is the youngest second billionaire in 2023 and won the prestigious Business World Young Entrepreneur Award. He is a hard worker and a great learner who established a world-renowned venture, OYO. He has become the youth icon and inspiration to many young entrepreneurs and business people.
Early Life And Family
Ritesh Agarwal was born in Bissam Cuttack, Odisha, in India. However, he grew up in Titlagarh and owned a small shop in South Orissa. At a very young age, he worked as a part-time SIM cards seller. Later, he went to Delhi to pursue higher education. However, he soon discontinued starting a new venture. He received the esteemed Thiel Fellowship for young entrepreneurs for his concrete vision and vital mission. Since then, his life has changed!
Career And Milestones
He wanted to start budget-friendly accommodations across the country; namely, Oravel Stays. This ideal has won him the prestigious Thiel Fellowship with a grant of $100,000. He later launched OYO in 2013 May.
Within five years, OYO reaped over $1 billion. From then, Agarwal didn’t look back. Later, he tripled the stake, which gave him more profits. As of February 2023, he’s the second-youngest billionaire listed in Forbes under 30 list for Asia.
Exciting Facts About Ritesh Agarwal That Nobody Knows
Here’re a few interesting facts about Ritesh Agarwal that you might be interested in. Don’t miss it out.
- Ritesh Agarwal is a tech-savvy and enthusiastic coder. Unlike many other programmers or coders, he started his coding journey in his childhood from age 8.
- He won one of the prestigious awards, Peter Thie, in his 19 and the #1 Indian resident to be awarded such an honorable award.
- He used to work 16 hours a day while setting up the OYO. This proves that hard work is key to success and definitely gives you fruitful results in the end.
- He was also honored by Donald Trump on his tour to India.
- He sold sim cards at a very early age of 13, and now he’s only 27 to earn a whopping net worth in billions.
His estimated net worth is around $1.1 billion. However, his current income has increased way more than the $1.1 billion. He owns over 2000 hotels across India. His monthly income is around $3.5 million. He runs services with 1500 employees and has expanded overseas, including Nepal, Malaysia, China, UAE, and Indonesia.